Head-on collisions result in some of the most serious and deadly accidents. A head-on collision occurs when one vehicle directly impacts the front of another vehicle. Oftentimes, these accidents result in death or serious injuries to the vehicle occupants, as well as significant damage to the vehicles. Most often, these accidents happen due to one driver’s negligence, usually because he or she is careless, distracted, reckless, or under the influence. Commonly, these accidents take place at the following locations:
- Intersections and busy roadways;
- Highways without a median;
- One lane roads; and
- Parking lots or garages.
The main causes of head-on collisions include the following:
- Crossing a double yellow line;
- Operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Failing to obey street signs;
- Improper use of turn signals;
- Failing to adhere to traffic signals;
- Distracted driving;
- Crossing a median;
- Driving on the opposite side of the road;
- Attempting to pass a vehicle on a one lane road;
- Driving at an excessive rate of speed;
- Weaving in and out of lanes; and
- Driving while tired.
Head-on collisions often result in the following serious injuries:
- Broken bones;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Spinal injuries; and
- Soft tissue injuries.
If you have been injured in a head-on collision and require extended care, it is important to contact an experienced New York car accident lawyer who can assist you or a loved one in recovering compensation to cover the cost of medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering, among other damages. Put the experienced Brooklyn car accident lawyers of Georgaklis & Mallas, PLLC on your side to vigorously represent you and fight for the compensation you and your family deserves. For more information or to schedule a consultation, call our Brooklyn car accident lawyers at (718) 238-2400.